Scroll to Top
- A new hospital will open in Kirkenes in the spring of 2018.The hospital has emergency services, and is the local hospital for East Finnmark.
- The air ambulance service is stationed at Kirkenes Airport.
- All visitors to Norway are entitled to receive the necessary healthcare for them to continue their stay in a medically justifiable manner.
- All guests from the EU/EEA and Switzerland are entitled to necessary medical assistance during their stay in Norway. However, they must prove their entitlement by presenting a European Health Insurance Card.
- Guests from outside the EU/EEA must present private travel insurance or pay for the medical treatment. The patient is entitled to a specified receipt outlining the treatment provided and the costs incurred.