This page provide an overview of oppertuneties for everyone using a wheelechair or has a challange walking up stairs. We also offer gouided tours for the blind and partial sighted, along with other groups who may need some extra help. Feel free to contact us with any questions regarding public accessibility and/or universal design.
Kirkenes Taxi – kirkenestaxi.no
Kirkenes Taxi has four maxitaxies, two of which are equipped for transporting electric wheelchairs. If you need accommodation, the taxi must be booked in advance. The driving time from Kirkenes to Kirkenes Airport is 15 minutes (13 Km) and from Hurtigruten to the city center 5 min should be estimated.
Restaurants/cafes listed here are wheelchair accessible, either through a ramp or elevator.
- Jonny’s Lunch bar – Jonny’slunchbar.com
- Thon Hotell – Thonhotell.no
- Scandic Hotell – Scandichotell.no
- Amundsen bakeri & konditori – email@example.com (Tlf: (+47)78 99 34 80)
- Centrum Kafé – firstname.lastname@example.org (Tlf: (+47)78 99 26 11)
- Kafé Visit – email@example.com (Tlf: (+47)957 47 169)
- Surf and Turf – firstname.lastname@example.org (Tlf: (+47)973 34 224)
- Aurora Restobar – email@example.com (Tlf: (+47)900 63 960
- Nibio Svanhovd – Nibiosvanhovd.com (Restaurant is open during summer, Sep – May the table need to be booked in advance)
- Bugøynes Bistro – Bugøynesbistro.no
- Neiden Fjellstue – firstname.lastname@example.org (Tlf: (+47)995 51 517)
- Story-telling with local guide – Pasvikturist.com
- Snowhotel Kirkenes – Kirkenessnowhotel.com – Kirkenes Snow Hotel offers both experiences with reindeer, huskys and the snow hotel itself. All experiences predict that a wheelchair can move on gravel surfaces. The reindeer will not be wheelchair accessibls. The huskys are accacable, mostly during summertimes. The snow hotel is wheelchair accessible. There is an elevator from the second floor restaurant down to the entrance of the hotel.
- Borderland Museum – Grenselandmuseet.no
- Saviomuseet – Saviomuseet.no
- Barentsbadet – Barentsbadet.no
- Kirkenes activitypark – Located between Kirkenes school and Barentsbadet is Kirkenes activity park. The park contains several outdoor acvivity equipments, a football field and other exciting activities.
- Nibio Pasvik – Nibio.no – The botanical garden is wheelchair accessible. The conferance center itself has a lift on the ground floor making the exhibition wheelchair accessible.
- Outdoor barbecue area at Utnes
- Loken – loken.no – A lake often used for fishing or as a site for outdoor campfires
- Skoltesamisk museum – Skoltesamiskmuseum.no