Scroll to Top
- The Midnight Sun shines in Kirkenes is from 17 May to 21 July.
- The Polar Night season in Kirkenes is from 21 November to 21 January.
- Compared with other costal destinations in Norway, Kirkenes has a dry climate with low precipitation year-round.
- The municipality is important from a geological perspective as the place in Norway with the oldest bedrock (approx. 2.8 billion years old).
- The area around Kirkenes has Norway’s largest brown bear population with around 40 individuals registered (2015).
- The average temperature in July is 10 °C, while the average temperature in January is -13 °C.
- The record low temperature in Kirkenes is -42 °C, while the record high is 30.3 °C.